Capturing Britain's Breathtaking Scenery
With our hotels and self-catering resorts located on the doorstep of some of the most picturesque landscapes in the world, we’re partnering with award-winning travel and landscape photographer, Ali Horne to ask for your photo entries of our country's scenic surroundings.
Lake & hillside view in The Lake District - © Ali Horne
The Location Effect is a digital exhibition showcasing the emotive connection we have with the natural world, and we need your help collating photographs highlighting the beauty of Britain and its positive impact on our overall wellbeing.
From the leafy surrounds of Cheshire at Portal Golf & Spa Resort to the rolling Cotswold hills near The Bear or the coastal allure of the Solent at Elmers Court Hotel & Resort and the enchanting city of Bath at Bath Spa, there's inspiring destinations for everyone to feel at home in when visiting us.
Submit your best photo entries of everything from secretive city haunts to rolling countryside via the form below and be in with a chance to feature as our campaign hero image and enjoy a weekend getaway to a hotel or resort of your choice!
Terms and Conditions
- Entries can be submitted on Macdonald Hotels & Resorts’ website or via social media.
- One entry will be selected to be the overall winning image.
- A two night Dinner Bed & Breakfast stay will be provided for the winner for two people to stay at a Macdonald Hotels & Resorts hotel or resort of choice.
- Dinner is provided on the first night of stay with a designated allowance per person, excluding drinks purchases.
- Prize cannot be redeemed across different hotel locations on consecutive or non-consecutive stay nights.
- No money will be paid to the winner.
- Macdonald Hotels & Resorts will own the rights to any photography or videography submitted as part of the campaign. Macdonald Hotels & Resorts retains the right to use any imagery submitted to the competition for its own marketing purposes including for use on its social media channels, on its website, in its marketing brochures and in press.
- Entries close on Friday 28th April 2023.
- A final winner will be chosen by 30th May 2023.