Holidays to Spain just got simpler!
Following the recent UK Government announcement that double-vaccinated passengers are no longer required to take a pre-departure test on return to the UK, it’s now simpler (and cheaper) to enjoy some fun in the sun this winter!
Check out our easy to follow guide below to help you feel confident in visiting our stunning resorts in the Costa del Sol.
What you need to know for travelling to & from Spain
What are the Spanish entry requirements?
- All adults and children over 12 MUST be double vaccinated
- Aged 0-11 - Do not need to be fully vaccinated (if travelling with fully vaccinated adults or adult with negative test).
- The NHS COVID pass letter is available for 12 to 15 years olds to prove vaccine status by calling 119 or visiting NHS.uk
Do you need a test before you travel & on arrival?
Do you need to fill out a form before you go?
Yes - You must complete this form before you depart and can submit it from 48 hours of your flight time.
What are the local regulations?
- You must wear a mask when out in public at all times except when eating or drinking.
- A negative Covid-19 test or Covid health passport is required to enter cafes, bars, restaurants and other hospitality establishments in the Andalucia region.
Do you need a test before travelling back to the UK?
Do you need to take a test on arrival home?
Yes - All adults & children over 5 years old must take an antigen (rapid flow) test 2 days after you return home. This test must be booked before you go on holiday.
Do you need to fill out a form before travelling home to the UK?
Yes - this form must be completed within 48 hours before you arrive in the UK.
Now it's time to book!
Enjoying over 325 days of sunshine per year and an average winter temperature of 17 degrees Celsius, our holiday resorts in coastal Andalucia offer everything you need for a memorable romantic escape, relaxing break with the family or a golfing getaway surrounded by stunning scenery.
Explore our resorts this winter:
- Macdonald Dona Lola Resort, Calahonda - Open now
- Macdonald Villacana Resort, Estepona - Opens 4th February
- Macdonald Leila Playa Resort, Calahonda - Opens 26th February
- Macdonald La Ermita, Mijas - Opens 1st April
Further information can be found on local Government website.