Stress Free Breaks with Toddlers in Tow
Stress Free Breaks with Toddlers in Tow...
When it comes to family friendly breaks, Aviemore has a long-standing reputation as a great family destination with generations of families going back time and time again.
The new Toddler-tastic Breaks from Macdonald Aviemore Resort are perfect for families with pre-school children making your break away with your little ones a dream come true.
When it comes to giving tots a great experience, this family package really does tick all the boxes.
The inclusive Toddler-Tastic Breaks starts from just £154 per family per night with no hidden costs. Yes you read that right, based on a family of 2 adults and 2 children under 5. If you’ve got a larger family you can call the resort directly to arrange a larger room(s).
The Package Includes:
- Unlimited use of Aviemore Activity Centre in the middle of the resort with 4-storey soft play, café and activity rooms for children of all ages.
- Activity rooms next door to the soft play centre that cater for all ages and abilities from Tumble for toddlers to Calm for children to enjoy sensory experiences. There’s also lego (naturally) and much more.
- Full use of the largest indoor pool in the region with shallow end for tots plus a flume and wave machine. There’s also a whirlpool bath, sauna, steam room and gym to allow parents to take a turn of using the grown-up facilities.
- Family ticket to a top local attraction. Families can choose between Landmark Forest Adventure Park and Highland Wildlife Park both just a short drive away.
- Family cinema pass to the large cinema in the resort which shows the latest movies.
- Outdoor play park in the resort grounds with benches and nature reserve walks.
- 3 or 4-night stay in a 4-star family room.
- Full on breakfast for all the family each morning.
- Dinner for the family every evening in a choice of the resort’s restaurants which include Giovanni’s Italian. There’s a dedicated children’s menu in every restaurant too for even the fussiest of eaters.
The package is available to book throughout the year excluding the popular school holiday periods meaning you can also beat the queues and enjoy this great package price.
Like the sound of this already? Here’s a guide to what your break could look like in Aviemore.
Your break begins the minute you arrive at the resort in the centre of Aviemore. Even before check- in you can use all that the resort has to offer. Let the kids burn off some energy and run around in the outdoor play park while you sit back on the benches and admire the views of Craigellachie Nature Reserve.
Pop into Costa in the centre of the resort for hot chocolates all round and take a browse in the resort’s luxury department store. As well as stocking designer labels, there’s toys, books and lots more for tots too.
Take a leisurely walk around the resort and get your bearings, seeing all that’s on offer before checking in. Check-in and let the kids test the beds (as they do) and tuck their cuddly toys up in bed.
By now you’ll be hearing “I’m hungry” so head out for a bite to eat in the resort. A firm favourite for families is Giovanni’s Italian. Toss a coin over dinner to see which local attraction you’ll visit during your stay.
Check out the cinema for a family movie in the evening watching a new family film together.
Excitement beckons for a hotel breakfast and you won’t be disappointed. Choose from the usual fully cooked breakfast or continental options or the full works!
After a hearty breakfast head out for a full day of fun at Highland Wildlife Park and see how big Hamish the polar bear has grown. You’ll find you can spend most of the day here exploring all the amazing animals there are to see whilst enjoying a bite of lunch in the café.
After heading back to the resort late afternoon it’s time for a jump in the pool. Slide down the flume with your wee one as they scream in delight.
Time for dinner? There’s a choice of restaurants in the resort including Spey Burger for a quick dinner and Aspects signature restaurant for something a bit fancier (it’s OK there’s a full proof children’s menu).
After a full-on day it’s back to your family room to pop the kids in a bubble bath and watch some TV before falling sound asleep.
If you’re staying on the 4-night midweek Toddler-Tastic Break you have another full day to explore (the wee ones will be delighted they have an extra day before heading home). Visit the soft play and activity rooms in the resort or venture out to visit one of loads of attractions and activities in Aviemore and the Cairngorms. Choose from a surprise visit for the kids to the UK’s only free range reindeer herd, hop on the Strathspey Steam Railway, visit Landmark Forest Adventure Park or hire tag-a-long bikes and cycle to beautiful Loch Morlich beach.
It’s time to check out but you don’t need to leave just yet. After breakfast have a final visit to the pool and soft play to tire the kids out before travelling. Leave dad with the kids and enjoy a beauty treatment before all jumping in the car and heading home taking in the stunning views as you leave Aviemore.
Book your stress free break with your toddler in tow! Feeling inspired? Click here to book your break now...