The local food, festivals and architecture give a fabulous flavour of southern Spain.
Not just famous for the abundance of golf courses, the Malaga region of Andalucia is heavily influenced by its Moorish ancestors and rich with culture.
Macdonald Leila Playa is perfectly located half way between the towns on Fuengirola and Marbella with excellent local transport links. There's also a huge range of shops, beaches, bars and restaurants around Calahonda - all within walking distance. You'll find plenty of local information in our resort reception but here's a few tips to whet your appetite:
- Do the daytime scene in Puerto Banus. Linger over a drink and admire the yachts before enjoying a relaxed lunch at one of the stylish open-air restaurants on the quayside. Or, if you prefer to visit by night the fun starts around midnight and continues until dawn with dozens of bars, discos and clubs!
- Enjoy fresh seafood at any one of the chiringuitos (beach restaurants) in La Carihuela, Torremolinos.
- Wander around the picturesque old town of Marbella and round off with a drink in the Plaza de los Naranjos.
- Visit Malaga and do an evening round of the wealth of tapas bars centred in the old town.
- Walk up to the Alcazaba and the Gibralfaro for the panoramic views over Malaga and the bay.
- Have an evening drink on Marbella's promenade and watch the sunset, taking in a wide view of the Rock of Gibraltar and coastline of Africa.
- Take the family to one of the area's many popular theme parks, water parks or zoos.
- Drive up into the hills to Mijas and enjoy the magnificent views. Visit Macdonald La Ermita and relax on the terrace with a snack and a cool drink and take in the wide views or enjoy a dip in one of the two outdoor pools on the Resort.
- Visit Ronda to admire its stunning setting and famous old bridge which has featured in countless paintings and photographs.