Spanish Open Golf
At Macdonald Resorts, our Spanish open golf tournament holidays are designed for club golfers to enjoy a competition golf week, with a focus placed on amicable competition and socialising with like-minded golfers.
Our competitions are for everyone; mixed pairs, single golfers, seniors and even groups, and you can find out more about upcoming tournaments and how to take part in the information below.
If you wish to arrive earlier or stay on for a few extra days, just let us know and we can arrange this for you, while we can also book additional rounds of golf at preferential rates and tee times.
February 2024 Open
Escape the cold from 25th - 29th February 2024 by playing some fantastic golf in the Costa Del Sol! Stay at a Macdonald Spanish Resort and play competitive golf in our exclusive Open Event.
- Three rounds of golf at courses on the Costa Del Sol (La Cala, Los Arqueros and Cabopino)
- Enjoy 5 nights' accommodation at a Spanish Macdonald self-catering resort
- Presentation and meal to finish off your golf holiday
From only £450 per person, this is a fantastic opportunity to explore golf on the sunshine coast. Extra nights and golf available at an additional cost.
You're not just coming to Spain for the warm sunshine, amazing golf courses and sangria, right? Check out these amazing prizes on offer during each week of the competition:
- 3-night break at Macdonald Doña Lola Resort with 2 rounds of golf and buggy hire for 2 people
- 2-night break at Macdonald Spey Valley Resort in Aviemore including a round of golf at the Macdonald Spey Valley Championship Golf Course
- Four-ball at your choice of Macdonald Hotel golf courses in the UK
Plus a few daily prizes up for grabs!
You'll soon discover it's not just the golf that's the highlight of your break. You and your fellow golfers will reside at our largest and most popular resort in Spain, the Macdonald Doña Lola Resort:
- Beachfront location in Calahonda, only 40 minutes from Malaga Airport.
- Spacious one, two or three bedroom self-catering apartments which include lounge, dining room, bathroom and fully equipped kitchen.
- Free access to the resort's three swimming pools, tennis courts, gym, steam room and sauna
Price and Booking
5 Nights From Only £450 per person
Optional extras include transfers for the week (airport and golf transfers), breakfasts and club hire at €40 per week. Larger apartments also available for an additonal supplement, extra nights too! Please enquire at the time of booking for prices.
To make an enquriry, ring 0344 879 9291 and ask for Chris Curran, Macdonald Resorts European Golf Sales Manager. Alternatively use the link below and complete an enquiry form and Chris will get in touch very soon.
Terms and Conditions
From price includes competition entry, three rounds of golf (as advertised), buggy hire for the three rounds, self-catering accommodation based on two people sharing a one bedroom apartment, access to all resort leisure faciliaties and the prize presentation dinner.
Price excludes travel to Spain, transfers (available at extra cost), club hire (available) and all other meals excluding the presentation dinner.
Book more than 8 weeks in advance and pay only 25% deposit to secure your place. Your outstanding balance is automatically taken 8 weeks before arrival from same payment card unless requested otherwise.
Macdonald Resorts have the right to cancel your booking if your full balance is not paid 8 weeks before arrival.
A cancellation fee of 25% of the total value minus deposits already paid is also payable.
If you cancel more than 8 weeks before arrival you are liable to pay a cancellation fee which is of 25% of the total holiday value minus any deposits already paid. Any holidays cancelled less than 8 weeks prior to arrival are non-refundable and non-transferable.