Dog Friendly Hotel in The Cotswolds
Situated in idyllic market town of Woodstock, The Bear is a dog friendly hotel in The Cotswolds. With an ivy-clad façade, rich timber beamed interiors and beautiful rooms that are bursting with character, this former coaching inn is ideal for a relaxing break with your pet.
Whether you explore the lush countryside that surrounds the hotel, nearby quaint Cotswold towns and villages, or Oxfordshire’s historic attractions, The Bear offers a warm welcome to well behaved dogs and their owners.
Staying With Dogs
To arrange a stay with your dog, book a room at The Bear Hotel online and then call us to let us know your pet will be joining you. There is a £15 nightly charge for pets to stay, which can be paid at reception on arrival. There is no charge for guide dogs. When staying with us, you’ll find;
- No restrictions on which rooms dogs can stay in.
- Pets can join owners for meals in The Bar & Courtyard.
- Beautiful locations for daily walks, right from the hotel, including the grounds of Blenheim Palace.
Dog friendly attractions nearby
- Cotswold Wildlife Park & Gardens – set in 160 acres of parklands, there are over 260 animal species to see.
- Woodstock Farmers Market – held on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month, stock up on some of The Cotswold’s finest produce.
- The Rollright Stones Walk – this 8 mile walk starting in Chipping Norton takes in glorious countryside and the Neolithic Rollright Stones.
- Blenheim Palace – a UNESCO World Heritage site with stunning gardens surrounding this masterpiece of Baroque architecture.
Owners are responsible for the behaviour of their dogs at Macdonald Bear Hotel.