Our hotel in Grasmere
Built in 1650 as a coaching inn, and mentioned in a Wordsworth
poem "The Waggoner", Macdonald Swan Hotel, Grasmere is one of
the oldest hotels in the Lake District.
Nestled in the Cumbrian countryside, with views across the
Fells, our cosy and inviting hotel is ideal for walkers and
cyclists. With open sunny vistas in summer and blazing log fires in
winter, it's the ideal base for exploring the wonders of the Lake
District National Park.
Afterwards, relax with a delicious meal in our restaurant or
enjoy the convivial atmosphere of the Walkers' Bar before retiring
to a traditionally - furnished, comfortable room.
View our other hotels
in the Lake District.
- Cosy and inviting, with blazing log fires in winter
- Set in the heart of the Lake District National Park
- Relaxing rural location ideal for Lake District Activities
- Close to M6 motorway
- 37 en-suite bedrooms
- Free onsite parking
- Free Wifi Powered by The Cloud
- Sheltered private garden with views of Helm Crag
- Waggoner’s Restaurant