A real treat for the Gin lovers amongst us, in addition to Dinner, Bed & Breakfast this package includes a Gin Blending Experience courtesy of our partners Eden Mill.
One of only 25 restaurants in Scotland to achieve 3 AA Rosettes, Rocca Grill offer the best of local produce. Diners will enjoy view of the 18th green of the world famous Old Courses and West Sands Beach, an exquisite vista held only by Macdonald Rusacks Hotel. Please ensure you reserve your table at the time of reservation.
The gin blending experience lifts the curtain on the gin making process, giving you the chance to choose your ingredients, determine flavour profiles and make your very own gin – all under the watchful eye of our expert Blendworks Tutors. Needless to say, a few “tastings” will be had in the process.
To start, your tutor will be your tour guide through the rich, and sometimes dark, history of gin; remedies in ancient Egypt, the first commercial recipes in Holland, the rollercoaster of distilling in London, bootlegging and cocktails in the States, and the craft revolution. You will soon see that gin is no passing fad…
Following that, the science. This will include a brief look at different production methods and a run down of ingredients. All to prepare you for the main event.
After smelling and tasting the individual botanicals, you will start to make your very own gin! Everyone will start with the same juniper base but from there, the choice is yours. Use your new botanical knowledge to hand select what ingredients you want in your gin. Do you want subtle and classy? Or strong and proud? By blending different botanicals, in different amounts, you can personalise your gin to your very own taste buds. There are near endless possible combinations.
During the entire process you’ll be able to keep notes on the different ingredients, their individual tasting notes, and your thoughts in your lovely Blendworks notebook – included as part of your overall experience.
Of course no gin is complete without a name, and you'll be able to watch as your brand name is printed on a label and applied to your own bottle. This is then gift packaged with two 'Blendworks' glasses for you to take home; complete with a certificate to commemorate your gin making experience!
- Luxury accommodation for one night
- Full Scottish breakfast
- Dinner in One Under or £25 allowance towards Rocca Bar & Grill
- Gin Masterclass with experts from Eden Mill
- 3 drinks within the Experience
- 3 x 20cl bottles of your recipe
- 2 x Blendworks glasses
- Commemorative certificate
- Notebook and pencil
- Gift box
Please check availability for the Eden Mill Experience before booking package. Offer is only available Tuesday to Saturday as the experience is closed on Sunday and Monday.
1. Rates are based on 2 sharing a double/twin classic bedroom and are from £164.50 per person per night
2. Supplements for executive, feature rooms and suites apply
3. Friday night supplement of £10 per room applies.
4. Saturday night supplement of £40 per room applies
5. Package is subject to bedroom and Gin Blending Experience availability when booking.
6. Your dinner reservation must be booked at the time of booking or if booking on line, please call directly to make your dinner reservation.
7. Only available Tuesday to Saturday as the Experience is closed on Sunday and Monday.
This offer is subject to availability and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Full prepayment is required at time of booking and will be non-refundable and non-transferable. The offer is valid on bookings made by 31st March 2018 for stays between 1st November 2017 – 31st March 2018. A £3 surcharge will be levied on credit (not debit) card bookings. Promoter: Macdonald Hotels Ltd, Whiteside House, Bathgate, West Lothian EH48 2RX.