Can't wait to get married? Our Special Events teams won't break
a sweat helping you plan your dream wedding in just six months.
Here's the timeline they have perfected - you're going to need
6 Months Before
- Choose your wedding date: You may have to be flexible as
many of the key summer months and weekends get booked 1-2 years in
advance. It's good to have a rough idea of dates with 3-4 options
ready for looking at wedding venues.
- Finalise your budget, it will keep you on track from the
- Book your venue: an all-inclusive venue with wedding
packages might be a good option, but be open to any venue with
availability that can hold your guest numbers and is within budget.
Some Macdonald Hotels offer late availability rates for you to
take advantage of.
- Book your accommodation: one of the key features that brides
and grooms love about getting married with us is that we can offer
a place for all of your out-of-town guests to stay.
- Choose your bridesmaids and groomsmen
- Book your suppliers: All of our hotels work closely with local
suppliers, making it much easier to plan your special day… at short
notice! The key people here are your photographer, registrar,
florist, DJ, and stylist.
- Choose your dress: When you visit a bridal shop, make sure they
are aware of your shorter time frame and they can guide you towards
designers that have shorter lead times or indeed sample dresses.
You could consider a high street wedding dress but remember you may
still need a little time for alterations.
- Send the invitations: Giving your guests the maximum
amount of notice will mean guests can plan accordingly. As the
wedding day is only 6 months away, we would suggest skipping save
5 Months Before
- Purchase your accessories
- Select wedding party attire
- Book any additional suppliers you can think of (make-up, cake
4 Months to Go
- Purchase your wedding rings: take some time to find the ideal
cut and fit - it's something you're never going to take off!
- Organise the hen/stag parties: luckily this is a task you can
delegate to your best man and maid of honour. With only a few
months to go, it may be difficult to get everyone together for a
full weekend away but arranging something closer to home should
mean most of those you want to attend will be able to make
- Plan your honeymoon: Browse the internet for some inspiration
before you decide on your trip. If time or budget mean you can't
have the honeymoon you dreamt of you could have a minimoon - a few
days away to relax as husband and wife!
3 Months to Go
- Confirm the guestlist: now you can start chasing any RSVPs you
haven't had back - it's impoortant to let the venue and caterers
- Hair and make-up trial: want your hair and make-up to look
it's best on your wedding day so be sure to book a hair and makeup
trial to allow for any changes needed before the big day.
- Catering and cake tasting: YUM! Finalise your menu and decide
on your cake flavour - all Macdonald Hotels offer delicious
catering options from gourmet to kids' choices for the pickiest
2 Months to Go
- Stag/Hen party: you'll need a night out to let loose with your
loved ones before the big day!
- Create the table plan: keep calm, as this can take a bit of
time to get right but stick with it and it will soon come
- Gifts and favours: there will be some important members of the
bridal party you will want to thank personally, such as your
parents, groomsmen, bridesmaid's and anyone that helped to deliver
your special day. You'll want to purchase/ make your wedding
favours now too
1 Month Left
- Double check all supplier details and confirm all dates, times
and final details
- Write your speech
WEDDING DAY - All that's left for you to do is trust in the
expert hands you're in at Macdonald Hotels and enjoy!