Chefs at Macdonald Old England
Hotel & Spa held a 'Great British Lake Off' challenge to
create a unique Lake District themed Afternoon Tea.
The four-star hotel, part of AA Hotel of the Year winners
Macdonald Hotels & Resorts, is offering the themed variety of
the much-loved British tradition to celebrate National Afternoon
Tea Week, running from the 11-17 August.
The selection of both sweet and savoury items includes:
- Kendal mint cake macaroons
- Cumberland sausage and sage savoury cup cake, with mash
- Cumberland Ham and Mustard Mayo on Farmhouse Brown
- Windermere Scones with homemade Lemon Curd
- Grassmere ginger infused tea
With panoramic windows overlooking the breathtaking views of
Lake Windermere guests can indulge in the Lake District Afternoon
Tea in the hotel's luxurious Terrace Bar and Lounge.
It is available every day during National Afternoon Tea Week and
costs £18per person.