For the roasted figs:
- 4 large black figs, sliced in half
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- grated lemon zest
For the panna cotta:
- 500ml double cream
- 150ml milk
- 100g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 25g sugar
- 4 leaves gelatine, soaked for 10mins in cold water, squeezed
Preheat the oven to 200c/Gas 6
1. Place the figs onto a baking tray and drizzle honey over
them, sprinkle with cinnamon and add the grated lemon zest. Roast
in the oven for 6-8 minutes, or until the figs have softened and
the honey has caramelised. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat the cream and milk in a pan over a medium
heat until the mixture is almost simmering. Reduce the heat and
stir in the white chocolate and sugar until melted and well
3. Remove from the heat and add the soaked gelatine. Stir until
melted, then set aside until the mixture has completely cooled.
4. Pour the mixture into dishes, chill in the fridge for a
minimum of 5 hours or until set firm.
5. To serve, dip the dish bases in warm water to loosen the
panna cotta from the moulds. Turn out onto a plate and serve with
the roasted figs.
From Macdonald Ansty Hall, near Coventry