- 180g Scottish salmon fillet
- 1 Shot Highland whiskey
- Cracked black pepper
- 50g Rock salt
- 50g Sugar
- 500ml Hot water
- 500ml Iced water
- 1 Lemon
- Hickory smoked wood chips
- 3 Red radishes
- Rocket leaves
- 1 Star anise
- 5 Fennel seeds
- Crème fraiche
- Add the sugar and salt together, add the hot water to dissolve
the salt and sugar then add the ice water to cool.
- Place the lemon, fennel seeds, star anise and then the salmon
into the solution for 2 hours.
- In a pan place tin foil and then the smoking chips.
- Cover with strainer and place the salmon into the
- Sprinkle with cracked black pepper, cover with a lid and put
onto flame and cook for 5 minutes.
- Lift the lid off with caution as it will be hot and pour the
whiskey over the salmon and replace the lid and cook for a further
5 minutes (this can be cooked on a BBQ , in a Chimney Cooker or
inside in a well vented space).
- Slice the radish and then arrange on the plate.
- Dress the salad leaves and put on top of the radishes followed
by the cooked Scottish salmon fillet on top.
Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa