- 6x 7oz outdoor reared pork leg steaks
- 1 aubergine
- 2 shallots roughly chopped
- ½ clove garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 4 baby fennel
- 40 g sliced Chorizo
- Black olives and cherry tomatoes
- Basil and Chervil
- Peel & poach the new potatoes in seasoned water.
- Slice the aubergines thickly, roast with olive oil, shallots
and garlic for about 20 - 30 minutes.
- Season the pork steaks and seal in a hot pan using olive oil
and butter for about 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- Turn the heat down, then cook right through for around 6
- Boil the fennel for about 5 minutes until tender and put to one
- Meanwhile, cook the Chorizo, cherry tomatoes and black olives
in olive oil over a medium heat for 3 minutes, add the garlic and
fennel and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Check season and add basil and chervil and serve.
From Macdonald Botley Park Hotel, Golf & Spa