- 175g unsalted butter
- 175g dark chocolate
- 55g caster sugar
- 5 free-range eggs
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
1) Pre-heat oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
2) Brush 4 ramekins with a little melted butter. Sprinkle in
some cocoa powder coating sides and bottom. Tip out any excess.
3) Bring water to boil in a pan, reduce heat to simmer and melt
chocolate and butter in a glass bowl above the water. Remove from
heat and allow to cool.
4) Whisk 3 egg yolks and 2 eggs and caster sugar until pale and
5) Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
6) Fold in the flour and then spoon mixture into the
7) Bake for 6-7 minutes - the fondant should spring back when
pressed in the centre.
Serve immediately with cream or ice cream.
From Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort,