- 3 scallops in shell
- 1 lemon
- 25g pancetta whole
- 2.5cl extra virgin olive oil
- 2g cayenne pepper
- 3g maldon salt
- 15g pea shoots
- 10g micro watercress
- 5g unsalted butter
- 15g langoustine large
- 100g diced sweet potato
(Serves 1 person)
1. Open scallops, clean and remove roe, leaving white flesh, pat
2. Thinly slice pancetta, place in a low oven.
3. Bring the sweet potato to the boil in salted water, drain and
blend until a smooth puree adding a little olive
oil. You may need to add some of the cooking liquor to achieve the
4. Place langoustines in a hot, non stick pan with olive oil and
butter and cook until evenly coloured.
5. Dust scallops with cayenne pepper and salt, place in another
hot non stick pan with oil and butter, seal on
both sides ensuring they are nicely caramelised.
6. On a plate, place three small spoons of the puree in a line
approx two inches apart, place a scallop on top of
each spoonful of puree, place one langoustine in between each
scallop, place a piece of pancetta on top of each scallop
7. For the dressing, juice and zest the lemon, add seasoning to
taste and add olive oil.
8. Dress pea shoots and cress and delicately scatter them in and
around the plated ingredients, adding a little
more dressing if required.
From Macdonald Bear Hotel, Woodstock