- 4 fillets of peat-smoked haddock
- 3 banana shallots
- 75ml white wine
- 600ml double cream
- 400ml chicken stock
- 2 leeks
- Teaspoon madras curry powder
- 100gm butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, truffle oil
- chopped chervil/chives
- petit pois, rosemary & thyme
- 6 poached quail eggs
1. In a pan gently soften chopped leek, banana shallots, thyme,
garlic and rosemary.
2. Once softened, add curry powder, and cook for 5 minutes.
3 . Add white wine and two-thirds of the peat-smoked haddock and
reduce liquor by half.
4. Add chicken stock and reduce by quarter, add double cream and
cook for 10 minutes.
5. When cooked, blitz with hand blender (or food processor) and
pass through sieve.
6. To serve, cook remaining peat-smoked haddock with some
butter, petit pois and chopped herbs.
7. Place pastry cutter in middle of bowl and put in the haddock
mix and place poached quail eggs on top.
8. Warm soup, adjust flavour with butter, salt and pepper and
truffle oil then blitz with hand blender to achieve cappuccino
effect, pour round cutter and serve.
From Macdonald Marine Hotel & Spa, North Berwick