Our hotels are located across the length and breadth of the UK
and as a result we recognise our responsibility to be
environmentally friendly and efficient. We already have many
environmental initiatives in place. Now we have identified 15 areas
where our commitment to the local and wider community and
environment can be significantly enhanced by 2015.
Not only do we want our guests' visits to be as comfortable and
enjoyable as possible but also as environmentally friendly as
possible. Room 15 focuses on ways we can continue to progress.
Here are some of the ways we will do this by 2015:
• Improve our electricity, heat and water efficiency by
• Expand our use of renewable sources of energy
• Purchase more efficiently and source local suppliers
• Ask our suppliers to share our sustainability
• Minimise waste and promote recycling
• Establish inspirational examples within our hotels and
establish at least 5 Green Hotels within our group.
Many of these things are already happening in our hotels; energy
efficient lighting, good insulation, more efficient use of water,
alternative energy sources such as solar and wind power, recycling
reusable items through donations to charities, stationery made from
Room 15 will enable us to build on our commitment to a
greener sustainable environment.
For more information, view the Room 15 brochure